My crispy air-fried buffalo cauliflower bites are the perfect snack for Super Bowl Sunday! We bread these bad boys in a combination of coconut and arrowroot flour for a crisp texture. Don't waste your time trying to find the BEST buffalo cauliflower because you just found it!
Well, the air fryer is still turning out great recipes here at The Frizzled Leek! My crispy air-fried buffalo cauliflower is a Super Bowl crowd pleaser! A healthier alternative to buffalo chicken.
I serve these cauliflower bites in a newspaper-lined basket. This is how pubs serve their fish n chips. Carrots, celery, and my Whole30 Ranch are served alongside.
When testing out this recipe, I knew I had to get the breading right. Buffalo chicken is all about the crispy breading right? This recipe was adapted from 40 aprons. There bang bang shrimp recipe is AWESOME!
If you don't have an air fryer, you can fry cauliflower in avocado or coconut oil. The beauty of an air fryer is using air to cook, which is very healthy! Keep reading for all my tips, tricks, and hacks on making this recipe!
- Why is crispy air fried buffalo cauliflower so good
- How to make buffalo cauliflower without flour
- How to make buffalo cauliflower in the air fryer
- How to reheat buffalo cauliflower
- Pro Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- More Buffalo Inspired Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
Why is crispy air fried buffalo cauliflower so good
- These snacks are so healthy and delicious. Enjoy bar food guilt-free with the help of an air fryer. I love showcasing this recipe on Super Bowl Sunday!
- Vegan, Paleo, and Whole30 approved. This recipe checks all the boxes. I even have the best dairy-free Ranch dipper to pair alongside.
- No oil. We can eliminate high-fat oil in this recipe by using our air fryer. It's amazing how crispy these cauliflower bites turn out.
How to make buffalo cauliflower without flour
This recipe is delicious with or without the breading. Omit the flour and toss cauliflower florets with buffalo sauce. I like to let the cauliflower marinate for 10 minutes. Then pop them into an air fryer for 15 minutes or until crispy. Enjoy with a side of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
- cauliflower - I like to buy a small to medium size head. Buy a larger size if you want to double this recipe.
- eggs - pasture-raised is the best!
- coconut flour
- arrowroot flour - if you can't find arrowroot flour, tapioca flour works great
- buffalo sauce - you can use franks red hot or any paleo brands
- paleo powder - use salt + pepper if you can't find this spice blend
How to make buffalo cauliflower in the air fryer
Making crispy air fried buffalo cauliflower is so easy, here's how to make it:
1. Remove the out leaves and core from the cauliflower. Cut into uniformly shaped florets. I like to use a smaller pairing knife to do this.
2. Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and whisk until combined. In another bowl, combine paleo powder, arrowroot, and coconut flour. Mix well.
3. Set up an assembly line and bread all of the cauliflower. I like to place the breaded cauliflower on a parchment-lined baking tray.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Spray the fryer basket with avocado spray and place half of the cauliflower in the basket. Spray cauliflower again to help achieve that crispy coating. Cook for 20 minutes flipping cauliflower at the halfway point.
5. Melt ghee in a small saucepan. Whisk in 1 cup of buffalo sauce until it comes together. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with buffalo sauce. Serve with ranch dressing and veggie sticks.
Dipping Sauces - blue cheese dressing, everything but bagel dressing, or Ranch
Ghee - You can replace ghee with butter
Air Fryer - Don't have an air fryer? Fry these bites up in some avocado or coconut oil!
Breading - Go without the breading. Toss cauliflower in buffalo sauce and pop them in the air fryer for 15 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- Cutting Board
- Pairing Knife
How to reheat buffalo cauliflower
How to reheat buffalo cauliflower: For the best result, this recipe should be enjoyed fresh. To reheat, place cauliflower onto a parchment-lined baking tray and heat in a 375-degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower into uniform pieces to cook evenly. I like a medium-sized floret for this recipe.
- Use large shallow bowls for the breading procedure. Small bowls make it difficult to bread more than one floret at a time.
- Wet hand, dry hand method. One hand for the egg bowl and the other is used for the flour bowl to prevent the flour mixture from clumping together.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. I like to use an avocado spray to prevent cauliflower from sticking.
- Don't crowd the air fryer basket with cauliflower. The florets should not touch each other. The airflow is what makes them nice and crispy.
- Enjoy buffalo cauliflower bites fresh. You can reheat them, but why? These snacks are so delicious you will devour them in one go!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, buffalo sauce is a common staple in a keto kitchen. There are zero carbs in buffalo sauce. Cauliflower is a low glycemic vegetable that is common in a keto diet.
No, they taste nothing alike. Cauliflower is a cabbage-like vegetable, and chicken tastes like chicken. The buffalo sauce is what makes them seem alike.
Yes, frozen vegetables can be cooked in an air fryer. The natural progression is from frozen to soft to crispy. So if your cauliflower seems soggy, just give it longer under the air fryer.
Yes, unlike chicken wings, cauliflower is cholesterol-free and contains fiber. With the help of an air fryer, these cauliflower bites are free of oil as well.
Serve buffalo cauliflower with veggies and dips. Top salads and bowls with crispy cauliflower bites to spice things up!
More Buffalo Inspired Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Please click the stars below to comment and rate this recipe. Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest, too!
Crispy Air-Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs whisked
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon paleo pink powder
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 cup of buffalo sauce
- Avocado spray
- Remove the outer leaves and core of the cauliflower. Cut into medium-sized florets.
- Mix 2 eggs inside of a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl. Mix coconut flour, arrowroot flour, and paleo powder.
- Set up an assembly line and bread the cauliflower bites. Place cauliflower into the egg mixture first, coating them very well. Transfer into flour mixture and coat very well. Dust off the excess flour and transfer the cauliflower to a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Heat air fryer to 375 degrees. Spray the basket with avocado oil to prevent sticking. Place half of the florets into the air fryer basket. Spray cauliflower with avocado spray. Cook for 20 minutes turning cauliflower at the halfway mark.
- In a small saucepan, melt ghee and whisk in buffalo sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Toss cauliflower with buffalo sauce in a large bowl. Serve with a side of ranch dressing, carrots, and celery.
The air fryer does a great job at making these buffalo cauliflower crispy! I enjoy making a batch of these for football Sunday. A healthy and tasty alternative to buffalo chicken.