This veggie-packed cauliflower shrimp fried rice is not only healthy but delicious! Do you have a lot of leftover produce that needs to be used? This recipe welcomes all veggies to the party!
Whenever I am craving Chinese take-out and watching my carbs, I turn to this fried rice to satisfy my cravings.
The key to making any fried rice great is to have all of your ingredients cut and measured beforehand. Now that your prep is ready, this dish comes together in just a couple of minutes.
This recipe is not only great for people watching their carb intake. It's grain-free and paleo.
Why is this recipe so good? Coconut aminos! Gone are the days of salty soy sauce. Coconut aminos have less sodium and more of a sweeter flavor than traditional soy sauce. I am pretty sure it tastes good and everything! Shrimp, ginger, garlic, pineapple, and coconut aminos team up to make something wonderful.
What you will need to make this recipe
- Cauliflower rice - Instead of rice, we use cauliflower rice. You can make your own or buy frozen. I buy frozen to simplify dinner.
- Sesame oil - Has a high smoking-point which is perfect for fried rice. Finish fried rice with a drizzle for flavor!
- Shrimp - For added protein, and shrimp fried rice is delicious!
- Eggs - Scramble eggs in a separate pan.
- Ginger and garlic - This combination is not only insanely good, but it's also a staple in Asian cuisine.
- Carrots - For crunch.
- Red bell pepper - For color.
- Peas - Because I had some in my freezer.
- Coconut aminos - Soy sauce alternative to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Green onion - For garnish.
- Pineapple- Because pineapple and shrimp are so much fun!
- Mushrooms - We love veggies!
How to make cauliflower shrimp fried rice
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Peel and dice pineapple.
3. Dice red bell pepper, and slice mushrooms.
4. Chop green onions, garlic, and ginger.
5. Combine shrimp with garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos.
6. Saute carrots, peppers, and mushrooms.
7. Add shrimp, pineapple, cauliflower rice, peas, green onions, finish with coconut aminos and sesame oil.
- Gather prep, slice, and dice all ingredients. Fried rice is all about being prepared. This recipe comes together fast.
- Slice and dice veggies small. Veggies are cut thin and small, which allows them to cook fast.
- Use sesame oil and chili oil as condiments. Elevate your fried rice to new heights. Be careful with the chili oil, a little goes a long way.
- Use a large cast-iron skillet or wok. You need a lot of surface area for fried rice. If the pan is too small, you will boil the cauliflower rice instead of frying it.
Frequently asked questions
Is this a good meal prep recipe?
One of my favorites! I always make a big batch of cauliflower shrimp fried rice and portion it out for the week.
Where do you find coconut aminos?
Costco sells a large bottle which is where I buy mine. Sprouts and smaller chain grocery stores seem to carry it.
Can I use different veggies?
Yes! Fried rice should be easy and let you utilize produce in your refrigerator. There is nothing I cringe more at than throwing about bad veggies.
Pin me for later!
Cauliflower shrimp fried rice
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- ½ tablespoon garlic grated
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ c green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut Amino
- Rice Cauliflower or buy frozen cauliflower rice. To rice, cut cauliflower into medium florets and pluse in a food processor until you get the texture you are looking for.
- Peel and deveined shrimp and put into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut amino, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prep all of your veggies. Heat a large cast-iron skillet and add sesame oil. Add in carrots, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Add pineapple and shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink. Add cauliflower rice, peas, green onion and the rest of your coconut amino. Enjoy!
This is one of the best cauliflower fried rice recipes that I have ever eaten. Love it!