This recipe is vegan, paleo, and Whole 30 approved. Cashews, cucumber, everything but bagel seasoning come together to create this delicious dressing. It's amazing to think this is dairy-free!
I want to let you in on a secret that nobody knows about, it's called everything but bagel seasoning! Now that I have your attention, you will have to excuse my cheesy sense of humor. I guess you could say this seasoning is the new kale in a way.
Before being popular, we just knew everything bagel as well as a BAGEL! Whether at favorite Trader Joe's, restaurant, or online this seasoning is trending. Are you wondering what the buzz is all about? Here enters everything but bagel dressing!
This garlicky and creamy dressing tastes so good on just about everything! You could use this in place of ranch dressing for vegetable platters, or on any salad. Are your morning eggs boring? Drizzle some of this dressing on top, and take it to a new level. Oven-roasted potatoes go you down? How about elevating them with a dollop of this dressing on top.
What you need to make this recipe
- Cashews - Used to create a dairy-free dressing.
- Cucumber - It's refreshing!
- Lemon - Brightens the dressing and compliments the cucumber.
- Nutritional yeast - Adds a savory nutty flavor.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning - Adds a pleasant savory and salty flavor.
How to make everything but bagel dressing
- Soak cashews in cold water for at least 4 hours.
- In a high-speed blender, add cashews, water, cucumber, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Transfer dressing to a container.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of everything but bagel seasoning.
- Make sure to add bagel seasoning by hand and not in the blender. (You want to be able to see the texture of the seasoning in the dressing).
- If you forgot to soak your cashews overnight? Cover the cashew with boiling water and let sit for an hour.
Frequently asked questions
What is everything but bagel seasoning?
Poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, and flaked sea salt. You can make your own or buy pre-blended at the store.
What do I serve with it?
We like to put it on eggs, avocado toast, roasted potatoes, and salads. You can put this dressing on just about anything. If you have some cool combinations, let me know.
We recommend that you store this dressing in a mason jar for no longer than 2 weeks.
What can I substitute for cashews?
Replace the cashews and water in this recipe for 1 can of full-fat coconut milk.
Everything But Bagel Dressing
- Soak cashews in cold water for 4 hours. (or in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- Combine cashews, ½ cup water, cucumber, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and sea salt to a blender. Blend on high for 45 seconds.
- Stir in everything but bagel seasoning. Refrigerate for up to one week.