This creamy pasta is packed with flavor and Whole30 approved. Slow-roasted tomatoes and fennel sausage take this cream sauce to a new level. Coconut milk makes a luscious dairy-free cream sauce!
- Spiralize all 6 zucchini and make sure to have a bowl to catch the noodles.
- Place the noodles in a colander and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt on top. Let sit for 30 minutes to draw the moisture out. Grab a large towel and squeeze all the water out of the zucchini.
- Place sausage in between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten. I use a rolling pin until I get 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place sausage in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from pan and roughly chop into nice size pieces.
- In the same pan add olive oil, onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add spinach, coconut milk, and seasonings. Cook until spinach is wilted and the sauce has reduced by half. To finish, toss in zucchini noodles and heat through.
- To serve, place creamy zucchini pasta with fennel sausage in a pasta bowl and enjoy!
You can use a hand crank spiralizer or the kitchen aid attachment.
To achieve a spaghetti-like texture, make sure to squeeze out the water in the zucchini.
Keywords: creamy zucchini pasta, fennel sausage, zucchini, fennel, pasta