Chocolate espresso energy bites are a delicious and protein-packed on-the-go snack! This recipe is Whole30, Paleo, and Vegan approved. I have a ziplock bag of these date balls in my freezer at all times.
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 2 cups cashews, raw
- 1 cup almonds, unsalted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Malden sea salt
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until everything comes together into a large ball. If the mixture is too dry add another tablespoon of espresso or water.
- Using a 1/2 ounce cookie scoop portion energy bites out onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Roll between hands to form a circular and smooth ball. If your hands get sticky place a few drops of water on your hands to keep the dates from sticking to them.
- Place a few flakes of Malden sea salt on top of each date ball and lightly press the salt into the ball.
- Flash freeze the date ball in the freezer on the baking tray. Once completely frozen, transfer the balls to a ziplock bag, and leave them in the freezer.
Keep a glass of hot water on hand to keep your hands and the cookie scoop clean.
Keywords: energy bites, date balls, healthy snacks, snacks, dates, chocolate, Whole30 recipes